Dress Code For All Public Defender Clients
Whenever you have to go to court, please make sure that you are dressed properly. If you appear in court without being properly dressed, the judge may refuse to hear your case and/or may fine you a certain amount of money that you must pay. As your lawyer, we suggest that you:
- Ensure that you and your clothes are clean and neat. Please do not show up smelling like alcohol.
- Wear something that you would wear to either church or a job interview. Do not wear clothes with holes or tears.
- Baseball caps, hats, and sunglasses must be removed before you enter the courtroom.
- Shoes are required. Zories or flip-flops should not be worn.
- Do not chew bettlenut, gum or tobacco while in court.
- Do not wear any article of clothing that has logos depicting beer or alcohol, marijuana leaves or objectionable language.
Remember that the Public Defender Service Corporation is here to help you.We need your cooperation so that we may serve you better.